Root canal treatment is normally performed when the roots and tissue within the tooth have become infected, and to prevent any further infection in the surrounding area and from any abscesses forming.
How are the roots / tissue damaged?
There are several reasons to how roots and tissue can be damaged:
- Untreated tooth decay – this can cause bacteria to spread around the tooth and infect the roots.
- Gum Disease – this causes the gums to separate from the teeth causing gaps called periodontal pockets around the tooth. This allows bacteria to become trapped around the roots, thus causing infection.
- Accident / Injury – any accident or injury involving the teeth can affect the roots and potentially cause bacterial infections that can damage the tissue.
What are the symptoms of Root Damage?
- Problematic and persistent toothache
- Any kind of tenderness or swelling in the gums around a particular tooth
- Any particular tooth that appears darkened or discoloured over a period of time.
How can root treatment help?
Through root canal treatment, our highly skilled dentists will remove the infected tissue and disinfect the area using Ozone Sterilisation Therapy. This will stop any further infection from forming and spreading, and allow you to retain your natural teeth.
Book your appointment now!
Please call us on 1 406 5441 or fill out the online form below.